In 1959 Charles Howard was serving as a Pioneer Missionary with the Home Mission Board (North American Mission Board) and his assignment was to plant new churches. One of the locations chosen was in the Yorkville, IL area. A building was located and used in Bristol Station and meetings began. Charles Howard contacted Tom Winchester and asked if he would be willing to serve as pastor. Tom Winchester agreed and became the first pastor and Curtis Avenue in Joliet, IL agreed to be our sponsor church.
In 1961, looking for a more permanent place to worship, we bought land and eventually moved from the Bristol Station area to our present location in the Lynwood subdivision between Oswego, IL and Yorkville, IL where we became known as Lynwood Baptist Church.
In 2012, we changed our name to Crosspointe to provide a better point of contact with our community. We want to be a Community that reaches out into our communities around Oswego and Yorkville meeting spiritual and physical needs.